How to Apply & Important Dates to Remember
The Virginia Association for Infant Mental Health currently accepts Endorsement applications once per year. Deadline to apply is April 15th. Notified of status by May 31st. Begin process in July.
Endorsement Steps to Apply: (The application is online so you will need access to a computer)
- Age of Children You Work With- This Endorsement is for providers in Virginia working with children birth to 36 months.
- Determine the Best Category of Endorsement for You- Please review the following chart by looking at the education and work requirements for each of the 4 categories of Endorsement and find the category that most closely aligns with your education and work experience. Use that category on your application when requested.
Please refer to the Competency Guidelines (includes all categories) for more detailed information.
The following Overview Endorsement Category Chart is meant to be a quick overview of the information you need to determine the Category of Endorsement needed on your application. It does not include all of the requirements needed for Endorsement. All requirements for Endorsement for each Category are explained in detail in the Endorsement for Culturally Sensitive, Relationship-Focused Practice Promoting Infant Mental Health Competency Guidelines.
- Join the Virginia Association for Infant Mental Health (VAIMH). The Endorsement requires that you are a member of your state’s Association for Infant Mental Health and that you remain a member as part of the renewal requirements. Renewal requirements can be found on the Endorsement home page of this website. To Join VAIMH:
- Click on VAIMH Membership
- Print the VAIMH application form, complete it and mail it to the Treasurer (name and address is on the VAIMH application form) along with the membership fee. Membership year is from July 1st to June 30th