How to Apply & Important Dates to Remember
The Virginia Association for Infant Mental Health currently accepts Endorsement applications once per year. The deadline to apply is April 15th. Applicants will be notified of an acceptance decision by May 31st. Those accepted will begin the process in July.
- Confirm that you work with children birth to 36 months;
- Review the Endorsement Category Chart for an overview of the education and work requirements for each of the 4 categories of Endorsement in order to find the category that most closely aligns with your education and work experience. (Please note: This chart is meant to be a quick overview of the information you need to determine the category of Endorsement needed on your application. It does not include all the requirements needed for Endorsement. Full requirements can be found in the Endorsement for Culturally Sensitive, Relationship-focused Practice Promoting Infant Mental Health Competency Guidelines. In addition, if you are unsure as to which category of Endorsement is appropriate, know that the Endorsement Coordinator will be reviewing applications upon submission to ensure guidance toward the best fit category based on your professional experience.)
- Join the Virginia Association for Infant Mental Health (VAIMH). The Endorsement requires that you are a member of your state’s Association for Infant Mental Health and that you remain a member as a part of the renewal requirements. To join VAIMH, please click here: VAIMH Annual Membership. The membership year is from January 1 to December 31.
- Update your resume so it is ready to upload with your application.
- Review/Print the the Endorsement Steps and Application Guidelines.
- Submit application in EASy (Endorsement Application System) using the category you determined in Step #2. https://easy.mi-aimh.org/vaimh